Monday 4 August 2008

Burntisland Highland Games 21st july 08

On Monday 21st July My Uncle and I went to Burntisland games,(fife) it was so hot for once its normally cold or raining, but amzingly it was hot, I got Badly sunburnt there and it must have been the worse yet, as I couldnt move and was petrified of getting blistered! Thank fully it didnt come to that, apart from bright red burnt skin,and I peeled for days now I know how my reptiles feel when they shed, at least mine was once they shed once a month,

I supose for the last few years Ive not really paid attention to the games but i really enjoyed them this year and was fasinated with the shut putt throwers, im so glad that there were wearing shorts as many of my pics would have showed everything just way embarassing!!!!!

At Burntisland there many things to keep me occupied and my eyes set on things! they have everything to do with the games in the centre ring, so we could see everything. there were highland dancers,cyclist racing, runners, heavy weight champs etc!!!! and lots of men of kilts :) they also had a mixture of fairground rides which seemed to keep the younger ones occupied

the best bits were sitting and chilling after breakfast looking onto the beach, it certainly brought many a great memory,I wnet there loads and kids and loved staying in my uncles caravan at Pettycur bay caravan park (Kinghorn) and spent many a day on the beach and in the paddling pool which due to youths throwing in glass, has now been filled and they have what u call water fountains that spurt up and the kids run through them, it also bought back memories of my Granddad walking miles with me to get water,well what seemed like miles and looking now the tide does go out quite far when its out, nowt was ever a hassle for him when it came to me!!!Miss u loads granddad x x x x (not me and my uncle in the pic)

We ended the day with a tradional fish and sausage supper from the best chippy in fife Romamoes, Ive loved this chippy ever since I was wee,

No comments: