Friday 20 July 2007

Butterfly and Insect world

Today Linda and i went off to the butterfly and insect world at Dalkeith (Edinburgh),
this was our back up plan as Linda was keen to go on a landscape photoshoot but due to the typical scottish weather we went with the butterfly world.
We both had a great day and took lots and lots of photos, even after my camera deciding not to work after a few huffs and puffs and going back to the car the camera then decided to work,

this is my third time there but never got the same picture twice whilst there and always see different butterflies.
Linda and I were tempted to mug the poor guy that had the canon 1d, we both thought he was a pro but after a converstaion found out he just did it as a hobby, Linda and i agreed that he just had to much money and like every photographer wanted and needed the best of the best, (don't worry Linda our time will come for ours!) his poor wife (carried all his stuff for him) and looked so bored, this reminded me of my boyfriend following me around on my photography excursions only one difference is i still have to carry my own things and not like this man's wife my boyfriend actually has a secret eagerness to play and take photos too! (apart from when im out at a garden or the botanical gardens, just not his thing) sometimes better than mine and his are just fluky shots from someone that dont worry about apeature, shutter speed or even getting the correct exposure, thats what I get for learning all the proper ways at college, must start taking my other memeory card just for him!!!















































thanks again Linda for a lovely Day!! cant wait till our next excursion!!!
(never got a pic of u!!!)

2 comments:

Linda said...

Fab pics! Not keen on the pic of me bit though!

Roz said...

Wow, what amazing photo's you got, sounds like a great day out, next time I'll carry your stuff for you.......... NOT. hee hee.